Thursday, January 28, 2010

Star Wars

On my Decade in Review I originally failed to include the completion of Chris's Star Wars project. Don't worry, I have recognized and corrected my error! This is a project Chris started on before I even met him and took him the full decade to complete. Let's cut him some slack though, he was pretty busy accomplishing some other very significant things during that time.


To the pure delight of all those involved he finished the project at the end of 2009. We celebrated by having an over-the-top Star Wars premiere. Everyone from the oldest to youngest was decked out in Star Wars garb (many costumes contributed by our in-house costume designer Ali). We rolled out the red carpet and enjoyed a Star Wars feast before the big debut. The movie was a hit! It was especially fun to see how the kids got so involved. As goofy as it is, I feel sure it is destined to be a family treasure. And now, the moment you've all been waiting for......



The Menu: Yoda Soda, BoboFettucine, Tie Fighters, ObiWan Kebabs, Jabba Jiggle Jello, Darth Vader Sundaes, and Wookie Cookies






Kimberly with Jedi Jack

The multiple versions of Princess Leia

This is my favorite new costume for the night. Ali just whipped it up! She's amazing.

Add Image Queen Amidala Donnachada or some other such craziness

Is this the sweetest looking Jedi you've ever seen or what?? Don't worry, he still knows how to wield a lightsaber to duel with the best of them and is a mean shot with a laser gun.

Cooper and I were the only ones dressed as villians. I look more authentic with my mask, but R2D2 kept stealing it. Pesky little droid.

Proof of the peskiness. Who'd want my mask when they have their own papier maché helmet?

Adorable R2D2 with hunky Han Solo.




0 comments: