Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tri For Joe

I had been toying with the idea of doing a triathlon this summer.  About mid-May I started getting serious about finding one.  Trouble was I found the perfect 1st Triathlon and it was less than three weeks away!  I registered and got busy swimming and biking.  Lucky for me the high school swim coach sponsored Open Swim and was willing to help me on my technique.  She and her husband had done triathlons in the past and their help and advice was invaluable.

So on May 29th we headed to Cincinnati for me to participate in the Tri for Joe. 

700 m swim

20K bike

5K run

And done!!

This was one of the most exhilirating moments of my life.  I finished each segment of the race ahead of my projected time and was shocked to be handed a 2nd place award at the finish. 

Coney Island gave all participants two free passes for the day, so we enjoyed the pools and the rides together as a family.  We had such a fun time.  I think this will be an annual tradition!

 

0 comments: